Doctoral Scholarships at University of British Columbia, Canada 2022-23
This is to remind you of the application window for the University of British Columbia PhD Scholarships in Canada 2022-23
The summary points that you need to pay attention to about the University of British Columbia PhD Scholarships in Canada 2022-23 are listed below:
- funding is partial
- They study health sciences, natural sciences and engineering, social sciences and humanities at UBC
- International students are eligible
- All PhD applicants are eligible
brief description; introduction
The most notable award available to UBC graduate students is the Killam PhD Scholarship. In honor of Izaak Walton Killam, the scholarship and award program was established by the will of his wife, Dorothy Johnston Killam, and donations made during her lifetime. Their main objective is to support the Canada Council for the Arts and the five Canadian institutions that offer advanced study and research.
Each year, the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Research awards PhD scholarships. Scholarship recipients should: “Potentially contribute to the development of their studies or excel in their careers,” Mrs Killam said. Killam scholars should not be biased. Special distinctions of intelligence should be based on ethics.
Application deadlines are ongoing.
The University of British Columbia PhD Scholarships 2022-23 is a program designed to reward high-achieving international students and is only available for the following programs:
- health science
- Natural Sciences and Engineering
- Social Sciences and Humanities Courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
The University will provide all of the following:
- Recipients will receive an annual stipend of $30,000 and travel reimbursement of $2,000 for the 24-month period of the fellowship.
The University of British Columbia PhD Scholarships 2022-23 is mainly for PhD applicants.
Number of awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the 2022-23 PhD Scholarships at the University of British Columbia, Canada:
- Candidates must have completed their doctoral work within a period not exceeding 24 months as of the fellowship start date.
- Therefore, starting September 1, 2023, candidates for the 2022-2023 competition must have completed doctoral studies not exceeding 24 months.
The following procedures remain the only feasible way to apply correctly:
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Doctorate (CGS-D) must be applied by eligible students such as Canadian nationals and Canadian permanent residents. Students applying for the NSERC, SSHRC or CIHR PhD at UBC Okanagan are also eligible for Killam Scholarship support and do not need to submit a second application.
- Killam applicants (including overseas students) must submit their application documents to the Graduate School by the above dates.
- Affiliated Scholarships – The PhD Scholarship Competition includes the Killam PhD Scholarship. You must enter the Affiliated Scholarship-PhD Grant Competition to be eligible for the Killam PhD Scholarship.
- Please ensure that all application documents and references are received by the Graduate School by the competition deadline at email@example.com.
- Follow the link to the scholarship website for the application form and instructions.
Let me know what time