Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at University of Michigan, USA 2022-23
You are hereby reminded of the application window for the 2022-23 Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at the University of Michigan
Listed below are the summary points you need to be aware of about the University of Michigan Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program 2022-23:
- Funds are full
- They take all courses at the University of Michigan
- International students are eligible
- All graduate applicants are eligible
brief description; introduction
Faculty and staff from colleges or universities in Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa and Uganda are welcome to submit applications directly to UMAPS. Other African applicants must be recommended by a University of Michigan faculty member with whom they already have a relationship in order to be considered for UMAPS.
There is only one application cycle for the two cohorts of the UMAPS program, which run from August to December and January to May, respectively. Cohort placement (following acceptance to the program) is not guaranteed; applicants will have the opportunity to express their choice for a cohort throughout the application process.
The application deadline is January 4, 2023.
The University of Michigan Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program 2022-23 is a program designed to reward high-achieving international students for the following programs only:
Students from the following countries are eligible for the fully funded Presidential Scholars Program
- Kenya, Malawi
- South Africa
The University will provide all of the following:
- Five-month residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with a match with an academic collaborator and full access to the University’s resources
- Round-trip flights from their home country to Ann Arbor, Michigan
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The UMAPS program cannot accommodate spouses or dependents.Free housing (private room and bathroom in a suite), health insurance, research stipend and a small living stipend
- Office and Lab Space
- Opportunities to share discoveries with the UM community
The fully funded Presidential Scholars Program 2022-23 at the University of Michigan is primarily for graduate applicants.
Number of awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the 2022-23 fully funded Presidential Scholars Program at the University of Michigan:
- Currently teaching at a college or university in Africa, you must be a young professor with less than 10 years experience in the higher education system.
- A permanent position at an African university or college
- Ability to provide institutional support through letters of recommendation from the department chair, dean or vice-chancellor
- Able to stay in place for five months
- If you have any questions about eligibility in a particular situation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following procedures remain the only feasible way to apply correctly:
- this online application form Complete » (Only applicants from Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa and Uganda may use this URL for this application cycle.)
- Submit your resume using the online application.
- Publish a research or academic program proposal (not to exceed five pages). Applications are welcome from a variety of academic fields and institutions, and those supporting the core work of the Centers (AHHI, ASRI and STEM-Africa) are encouraged.
- Provide their full name and contact information to the Department Chair, Dean or Vice-Chancellor of the applicant’s alma mater, who will send their letter of support.
- Candidates from countries other than Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, or Uganda require nominations and must be nominated by a UM professor familiar with the candidate body for the job. Select teachers should:
- Complete the nomination form online (Michigan faculty only, access requires UM login)
- Send or upload a letter of support from the mentor expressing their desire to work with the potential participant throughout their residency, their commitment to meet frequently, and, if feasible, their ability to provide office space.
Please click University of Michigan Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program 2022-23 Start your application.
frequently asked questions
Here are frequently asked questions to help you search for scholarships:
What is the Fully Funded Presidential Scholars Program at the University of Michigan?
- This is a postgraduate position for high achieving applicants for Oxford University Scholarships.
what are the tricks to increase your chances of being selected
- Comply with deadlines and provide all documents correctly upon request.
Is this a scholarship for domestic and foreign applicants?
- This applies to international applicants only.
Very interesting and lovely