Presidential Elite Scholarships 2022 at University of Alabama
The University of Alabama offers eligible students the most generous Presidential Elite Scholarship opportunity in the country.
The University will provide all of the following benefits:
- Supplemental scholarship of $1,000 per year for four years
- $2,000 one-time stipend for summer research or international study (after completing a year at UA)
- $2,000 Super Store Book Scholarship ($500 per year for four years)
The university offers study programs in 13 academic departments leading to bachelor’s, master’s, educational specialist and doctoral degrees. The only publicly supported law school in the state is UA. Other academic programs not available elsewhere in Alabama include doctoral programs in anthropology, communication and information sciences, metallurgical engineering, music, Romance languages, and social work.
As one of the first public universities established on the American Southwest frontier in the early 1800s, the University of Alabama has left a cultural imprint on the state, region and nation over the past two centuries. The school was a center of activity during the American Civil War and Civil Rights Movement.The University of Alabama’s college football program (nicknamed red tide), completed in 1892, is listed as one of the ten most awarded projects in American history. In a 1913 speech, then-President George H. Denny hailed the university as “the pinnacle of the state’s public school system” [of Alabama]’, which lent the university its current moniker, CapstoneIn addition, University alumni and faculty include 59 Goldwater Scholars, 15 Rhodes Scholars, 16 Truman Scholars, 36 Hollins Scholars and 16 Boren Scholars.
Eligibility Criteria for the President’s Elite Scholarship
- Applicants must be overseas students.
- Applicants must have a 4.0+ GPA and 36 ACT or 1600 SAT.
- Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency and international applicants must submit official qualifications English language proficiency Score one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT 79 and above
- TOEFL paper-based score of 550 and above
- IELTS score 6.0 or above
- Pearson’s Test English score of 54 or above
- Duolingo English Test score of 51 or above
- Duolingo English test score of 105 or above
Eligible countries: International
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate or Legal Studies
Award value: tuition
Number of Awards: Not mentioned
How to apply: Applications will be made online at the University Application Portal.
Application deadline: November 1, 2022.
Visit the official website for more information
If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.