Texas Tech University Freshman Presidential Scholarships, USA
Texas Tech University, formerly known as Texas Institute of Technology, also referred to as Texas Tech, Tech or TTU, is a public research university located in Lubbock, Texas, USA.
To date, more than 40,322 students (33,269 undergraduates and 7,053 graduates) have enrolled at Texas Tech University. The university offers scholars more than 150 programs of study through its 13 faculties and has 60 research centers and institutes.
The Freshmen President’s Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded to high-achieving freshman students.
- Host University: Texas Tech University;
- Host country: United States;
- Learning level: undergraduate level;
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees (amount not specified);
- Eligible countries: domestic and international students;
- Optional subjects: all subjects;
- Application Deadline: Ongoing.
Scholarships cover tuition fees. The first part is for the fall term and the second part is for the spring term. If the applicant is a nonresident receiving a Presidential Scholarship, he or she will also be eligible to pay in-state tuition.
Scholarship values vary based on high school rank and SAT or ACT test scores and range from $1,000 per year to 100% of the original federally approved cost of attendance.
To qualify for the Freshman Presidential Scholarship, applicants must pay tuition, room and board, books, room and board, transportation, and a personal allowance.
- Demonstrate strong academic performance, as it is a merit-based scholarship, so selection is made based on test scores and class rank.
- Applicants must be freshmen, first-year college students.
Candidates must also meet the following requirements throughout their academic career at Texas Tech:
- Maintain a satisfactory cumulative grade point average (GPA);
- Maintain full-time enrollment in a Texas Tech University program of study;
- Accumulate at least 30 TTU hours per year;
- Update contact addresses, including email addresses, on the MyTech portal;
- Write a thank you letter to the scholarship donor as directed by the TTU Scholarship Office;
- Participate in required donation activities;
- This scholarship is only available for TTU study programs.
how to apply:
After applying for admission to the University, candidates are automatically considered for scholarships. Interested applicants are advised to use the ApplyTexas application portal or the CommonApp to apply for admission and scholarships as soon as possible.